Rita's Involvement in the Community
Rita Santamaria has always been active in the community both local and statewide, often giving her time and generous support to many organizations that are close to her heart.
An example of her overwhelming generosity was never more evident than in 2005 when Hurricane Katrina ravaged the Gulf Coast. The doors of Champions School of Real Estate were opened wide to the victims of Hurricane Katrina who were rebuilding their lives and seeking careers in the real estate profession. Their classes, teachers, texts, materials, breakfast, and frequently lunch, were provided and donated free of charge to those who found their way to any one of the campuses in Texas. Victims were welcomed at Champions throughout the entire fourth quarter of 2005. Sixty-eight students attended 367 classes, with scholarships exceeding $47,000.00. Rita stepped forward and made a difference that would last for lifetimes. She was recognized for her demonstration of caring about others by the Houston Association of Realtors gaining her a humanitarian award that year.
Below is a list of charities and organizations that Champions School of Real Estate donates their time and money in helping.
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Asian American Real Estate Association
- Childrens Miracle Network program
- Collin County Association of Realtors
- Cypress Creek Foundation for the Arts and Community
- Greater Lewisville Association of Realtors
- Foundation for Youth
- Habitat for Humanity
- Houston Association of Realtors
- Jerry's Kids - Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Susan B. Komen Foundation
- Make a Wish Foundation
- Nancy Owens Breast Cancer Memorial Foundation
- National Association of Realtors
- Texas Children's Hospital
- National Association of Young Real Estate Professionals
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- Realtor® Relief Fund
- Sunshine Kids
- The Lone Star College Scholarship Foundation
- WCR Texas Chapter and Numerous State and Local Chapters
This list is on-going monthly and we're proud of that!